Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distorted audio
Hi,

I've recently purchased Audio Evolution Mobile and the eXtreame driver. Purchased an OTG cable.
First test it with an older Samsung galaxy tab A (2016). Connected to Behringer X-Air 18 for recording. Working ok !

Purchased an Samsung Tab A8 with more storage for recording. New OTG cable (USB c).
No matter what I change on latency settings etc, recordings keep sounding distorted/cracking.

No warnings etc. 
If I check latency with the more button, it says settings are ok.

Any suggestions ?

BR
Marc
Dear Marc,

The Tab A8 has a UNISOC chipset which has a bug in its USB implementation. Unfortunately, no reliable recordings can be made with it as far as we can tell, neither does MIDI work reliably.
Hi,

thanks for this answer.

That's a dissapointment, since I specially purchased the nre tablet for this purpose.
Is it a software or hardware bug; eg can I expect this to be solved in future Samsung/Android updates ?
Otherwise I have to try to return this table for antoher one.
Is there a list with compliant tablets for your tools ?

BR
Marc
Since we are not Samsung, we cannot know. It is just our observation from several users with devices containing such a chip. We recommend using the Tab S series. Please note that the more channels a USB audio interface has, the more chances there are on audio glitches and problems in general on Android. So if you really want to use the X-Air, we recommend going for an iPad with Audio Evolution Mobile Studio.