Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to split drum tracks
I seem to be unable to split drum tracks in the track view. The only way to copy drum notes seems to be when editing the track which can get tedious since there doesn't seem to be any zoom available.
We decided to force using one drum clip to keep things simple: you can now tap anywhere on the track and directly start entering a beat without being hindered by the clip boundaries or clip creation. Copying and pasting from/to the drum track should be possible in a next version.
(10-21-2015, 04:02 PM)dwrae Wrote: We decided to force using one drum clip to keep things simple: you can now tap anywhere on the track and directly start entering a beat without being hindered by the clip boundaries or clip creation. Copying and pasting from/to the drum track should be possible in a next version.

Yeah, i can see why you did it. From my perspective, i'm just thinking that drum tracks are the most repeated/re-used parts of a song. The pattern approach makes sense, where I have a couple bars that are the basis for others. I just want to copy a couple bars and then make small modifications to it. I just think it could be more efficient from a workflow perspective. I can still use the normal piano roll, so no big deal.
I agree that the lack of pattern based editing is a notable limitation. It would be advantageous to see this added in the future. AEM isn't a pattern based editor but DAWs that add MIDI then to adopted this approach and many MIDI editors that have added audio provide functionality similar to a DAW - hence users may expect this workflow.
Cheers

Walt