Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAPP to access Foobar UPNP media server outside of LAN
Hello,

I've been trying to sort this out for days now, to no success. I've been searching for any information on how to access a home media server running on Foobar2000 outside of the home network. I'm running Foobar on my home computer, and I'm trying to use UAPP on my android phone to access it, as I just picked up an Apple USBC to 3.5mm headphone adapter, and no app allows you to properly access the DAC like UAPP does. Previously I had a bluetooth LDAC headphone amp, which, to my knowledge, bypassed the internal Android audio processing to provide a loud, clean signal with the Foobar app. But now with the Apple DAC, I can't get a satisfactory volume or clean signal with the Foobar app.

If I take the settings from Foobar, and try to use them in UAPP under the Network -> WebDAV login window, it does not work. If I just follow the instructions on Foobar's Internet Access page, same problem. I've tried everything I can think of as far as changing the way I'm inputting these details, but everything gives me back a 405 (bad request) error. Am I totally barking up the wrong tree? Can I not use UAPP to access my Foobar UPNP Media Server in the same way the Foobar app can?

If anyone has been successful, or if anyone can help me with this in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
pp
UPNP is only designed to work on a LAN, not over the internet