Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot set base directory on SD card
Hi,

I'm evaluating the demo, ready to buy if I can get this to work. Samsung Tab 4 10.1, Android 5.0.2 hooked up to Behringer XR18.

I can record to the build in storage just fine, but I cannot set the base directory on the SD card. I have created the directory structure as indicated in the popup (/mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro), but when i select 'Create Application Directory Here' I get an error saying 'Error creating USBAudioRecorderPro directory'

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible with my setup?
To be honest, we are not sure at the moment. Android keeps changing the rules for external storage. For some people it works, for others not. For the trial, please make sure the folder is called com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderprotrial
(11-25-2015, 12:22 PM)dwrae Wrote: To be honest, we are not sure at the moment. Android keeps changing the rules for external storage. For some people it works, for others not. For the trial, please make sure the folder is called com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderprotrial

That didn't work either...damn shame. Thanks for the help anyway.
dwraeTo be honest, we are not sure at the moment. Android keeps changing the rules for external storage. For some people it works, for others not. For the trial, please make sure the folder is called com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderprotrial

Hi,
I have a related question, bought AEM and upgraded to Android 6.1.

Seeing "The external storage (sd card) is not mounted" error

so as in FAQ, created, with ES File Explorer, the suggested folder

/mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.extreamsd.aemobile

however, looking in mnt, I only saw  /mnt/SdCard/ not  /mnt/extSdCard
but went ahead and created the suggested folder anyway.
I wasnt allowed to create a folder in mnt ( to specifically have a "extSdCard" path)

Still seeing same message :(

1. Which path should work? (BTW SdCard looks like it is a "shortcut")
2. Has there been any recent development regarding the Android rules for external storage that could help?
3. Is there any workaround, as saving anywhere is now disabled? I prefer cloud storage.

-Jeff
The funny thing with Android is that /mnt/sdcard is always the internal storage. If Android mounts an external sd card, it can have different name: extSdCard, external_SD, sdcard1, you name it. There is not point in creating a folder called extSdCard yourself though, it has to exist already.
Note that for USB Audio Recorder PRO, you would need com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro as last directory.

As for 3, you would need to select an internal storage folder, like /mnt/sdcard
(12-10-2015, 12:05 PM)dwrae Wrote: As for 3, you would need to select an internal storage folder, like /mnt/sdcard
Hi,

I must be misunderstanding the workaround.

To reiterate and clarify:
I do not have USBAudioRecorderPro, I have AEM with Android 6.1, and picked this thread as it was the only one found (with a search) that addressed SD card error

Upon AEM launch I see
"The external storage (sd card) is not mounted. Saving of projects and recording is not possible" error

The AEM FAQ says
You need to create an AudioEvolution directory in:
/mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.extreamsd.aemobile

1. I do not see /mnt/extSdCard, only /mnt/sdcard/, using ES file explorer or FX editor
2. Created the folder, as interpreted from workaround suggestion, with no success:

/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.extreamsd.aemobile/AudioEvolution

-note that I am not rooted
3. Regarding external storage, I do not have any external storage connected.
I can connect external thumbdrive if this is another workaround.
-j
If you go into the app's preferences and select 'Audio Evolution base directory', do you see one or two folder options given?
Video 
(01-04-2016, 04:10 PM)dwrae Wrote: If you go into the app's preferences and select 'Audio Evolution base directory', do you see one or two folder options given?

Hi
Here are the snaps from earlier today
1st

2nd

3rd

meanwhile, while I wrote the above, I believe it has updated to 4.12
and it is recording and saving now!

thanks for your time

-Jeff