Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Band Drums
Hello, all. I recently purchased Audio Evolution Mobile and before I make the dive to upgrade it's capabilities, I wanted to do some research. I know that the wireless drums that come with Rock Band 2 cn be used as a MIDI controller, could it be used to add "live" drum tracks on songs? As of right now I'm using Groove Mixer to program patterns and export them to .flac and import the tracks to AE, but It's extremely time consuming to make it sound organic and very difficult to program fills at my current skill level.
Does the drum controller have a USB connector?
Not at the moment, it is the wireless Xbox 360 one, but I can invest in getting anadapterthe connects wireless Xbox 360 controllers to PC via USB.
(01-08-2016, 07:18 PM)Titanious Wrote: Not at the moment, it is the wireless Xbox 360 one, but I can invest in getting anadapterthe connects wireless Xbox 360 controllers to PC via USB.

Hi Titanious. While we wait for the official response, please let me chime in.
I don't know much about Xbox and had not heard about Rock Band before you mentioned it. I did some Googling. I think you are talking about
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

1. [url=http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2#][/url]
    [Image: 4193MpowWQL._SY400_.jpg]
If this is a class complaint USB device, then it is very likely that you will be able to play and record virtual instruments (including drums) on Audio Evolution (AE) by channeling Rock Band's midi signals into AE via this USB adapter.

Cheers,
Ray
If it is, then yes, but I doubt it will behave as USB MIDI device.
That adapter is similar, but the ones I've seen don't require a disc with a program. I also remember Harmonix touting that the Rock Band 2 drum kit works seemlessly as a midi controller for virtual drums. I'm sure it's a long-shot but that would be great if i could have something of a human element to my drum tracks.

I don't have the funds or space for a drum kit.