Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection of MIDI Input/Output channel possible?
Greetings!

I presently don't have any USB MIDI device, so I can't find it out myself. Is it possible to select the Input/Output MIDI channel of a USB MIDI track? MIDI devices support 16 channel Inputs and 16 channel outputs. So if AE supports MIDI Input/Output channel selection, then it will be possible to use external multi-timbral synths with AE. And that would be a great thing.

Thanks and regards.
Yes and no. When arming and recording a USB MIDI track, it will record all events from any MIDI channel on that track. So it's basically your responsibility as to which MIDI channel you are sending notes on. At playback it will just send out at the MIDI channel that the MIDI events/notes came in. What is not possible though yet, is filter the incoming MIDI messages for a certain armed track.
I take back this feature request. The options available at present are sufficient for MIDI sequencing with workstation synths. I'd rather eXtremeSD spend their energy and time on increasing the stability of the existing MIDI features.
(03-05-2016, 04:56 PM)Ray007 Wrote: The options available at present are sufficient for MIDI sequencing with workstation synths. I'd rather eXtremeSD spend their energy and time on increasing the stability of the existing MIDI features.
Happy to report that the latest version has increased the stability of the app while working with MIDI.