Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio skips when playing DSD256 on android
Hello

awesome app by the way. My only problem is that when i try playing DSD256 files, my audio stops ramdomly or skips. Is there a way to fix this? I'm using a phone with Android v6.0 and my app is fully updated to the recent version

thanks
Sounds like a performance problem. Please tell us which Android device you have and what the buffer size is set to.
(04-16-2016, 12:18 PM)dwrae Wrote: Sounds like a performance problem. Please tell us which Android device you have and what the buffer size is set to.

Hi

I'm using a zenfone 2 with marshmallow flashed to it. I'm using a chord mojo as dac. Hmmm i checked the sample rate and it was set to 600 milliseconds
Does enabling 'USB tweak 2' make any difference? If not, try enabling 'Force 1 packet per transfer'
(04-17-2016, 11:14 AM)dwrae Wrote: Does enabling 'USB tweak 2' make any difference? If not, try enabling 'Force 1 packet per transfer'

hi. enabling either option, either individually or together for all buffer sizes didn't work
Ok, could you please start the app, go to settings, select Logging and set it to "Log to file". Then exit the app and restart your Android device.

Then please do the following:
* start the app
* try to play the DSD file
* stop when it starts skipping
* exit the app again.

Please send the file UAPP.txt that is placed inside the UAPP folder on your device to info AT extreamsd.com with a small message you were asked to do so from the forum.