Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't hear playback after purchasing USB audio license
Hello I have just purchased the app after having tested the demo version and checking that it worked fine on my phone. I am using a Meizu m2 Note, with Android 5.1, and a Fast Track Pro soundcard.

While using the paid app without the USB audio license yet paid for, things were working fine, I could record and playback and monitor other tracks while I recorded a new one. Then I got a pop up message saying I needed to make a new payment for the USB audio license if I wanted to save the recordings which was a bit annoying (my falut, I guess I hadn't read the small print when buying the app), but seeing that it was working well I decided to make the second payment. But to my surprise , once the license was activated I could no longer hear playback of the tracks neither when just playing nor when playing and recording a new track.

Is this a bug or is there a way to activate the playback again? I would love to be able to use this program instead of having to ask for a reimbursement....ç

Thank you for your help,

Gabriel
Dear Gabriel,

Please try restarting your Meizu and see if that solves the problem.
Also I have just tried, downloading a loop pack (one of the free ones) to see if I could playback a loop in a project. Strangely enough, I could hear the samples while in the loop browser through my cellphone's loudspeaker (all along i have not disconnected the sound card) and once imported to the project I would hit play and I could see the loop being played but nothing sounding through my phone or through the headphones I have connected to the soundcard.
Hello yes I have tried restarting , even uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no results. The Demo version works fine, but once I am in the paid version (I cant unlicense the usb audio license) there is no sound during playback
The "Fast Track Pro" is flagged as a 'problematic' device in our compatibility list, so I'm not entirely surprised. Purchasing the license or not makes no difference whatsoever to whether it will play or not though. The loop browser preview always plays the sound through Android so that's not surprising either.

Do you power the fast track pro by its own power supply? Have you tried both listening through the fast track pro's line outs and headphones output? Is the Mix control set to 12 o' clock (or pb) and the Output level turned up?
(05-06-2016, 04:22 PM)dwrae Wrote: The "Fast Track Pro" is flagged as a 'problematic' device in our compatibility list, so I'm not entirely surprised. Purchasing the license or not makes no difference whatsoever to whether it will play or not though. The loop browser preview always plays the sound through Android so that's not surprising either.

Do you power the fast track pro by its own power supply? Have you tried both listening through the fast track pro's line outs and headphones output? Is the Mix control set to 12 o' clock (or pb) and the Output level turned up?

It seems like it could be related to the power supply ( I don't have the fast tracks supply) because I charged my phone up a bit and voila, playback was sounding. I'll have to get a transformer... is there any list  of problematic issues with the fast track pro so I can read through it to be prepared for future problems?

Thanks for everything
Not really. It can have problems like you were experiencing. Perhaps also problems with simultaneous recording and playback, but that might depend on the Android device used in combination with it.