Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chromebook / Desktop Interface
As you may have heard, chromebooks will soon have access to the play store and will run android apps.
This is a great opportunity for you all, as you are the only complete DAW for chromebooks.
That being said, would you be interested in creating an alternate interface for chromebooks and perhaps large tablets that exposes more functions with less digging? I think the main area that could use the most enhancement is the area to the left of the timeline. With chromebooks' ample space and mouse/trackpad accuracy, more of that functionality could be visible instead of toggling through different pages.

I'll use it either way, but I thought I'd put in a suggestion that would put you guys in great spot as the DAW of choice for this new era of Chromebook domination.
The left panel uses dynamic placement of controls. This is how we deal with different screen sizes from phones to large tablets. If you have more room on the Chromebook, it should mean that you'll see more controls. It depends on the dpi and screen size of your chromebook.
(06-04-2016, 12:47 PM)dwrae Wrote: The left panel uses dynamic placement of controls. This is how we deal with different screen sizes from phones to large tablets. If you have more room on the Chromebook, it should mean that you'll see more controls. It depends on the dpi and screen size of your chromebook.

I think what I was seeing was on a Nexus 7, which still has a smallish screen and low dpi. I'm hoping I can edit tracks basic settings without clicking on it first (basic stuff like mute and track volume) but that's definitely no deal breaker. I'll test it out on my chromebook pixel ls when android apps are available and may do a short demo to show people it works (hopefully) well.
(06-04-2016, 07:47 AM)ikeahloe Wrote: As you may have heard, chromebooks will soon have access to the play store and will run android apps.
Really? Hope Audio Evolution will run on it smoothly. That would be awesome!
AE is working perfectly on Google's Pixelbook. I use a USB-C hub to connect a Lexicon Alpha with no need for OTG cables.

Since Chromebooks are, indeed, the future of Android tablets, the suggestion to expand the interface for larger screens would be HUGE.

Imagine having a second monitor just for the mixer!
I would have that too, because of my Samsung DEX Fullhd Mode. ;)