Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Problem mit USB MIDI Keyboard
Hallo Forum,
ich bin günstig zu einem MIDI-Keyboard (KeyControl 49) gekommen und möchte dieses nun an einem Tablet (TrekStor Breeze 10.1 quad mit Android 4.4.2) mit Audio Evolution mobile betreiben. Ich kriege das aber bisher nicht zum Zusammenspiel. Folgendes habe ich gemacht/probiert:
- das Keyboard über ein OTG-Kabel mit Externer Stromversorgung an das Tablet angeschlossen -> Keyboard wird gespeist
- mit der App "USB MIDI Monitor" habe ich getestet, ob die MIDI-Daten beim Tablet ankommen -> das funktioniert
- "Audio Evolution Mobile DEMO" installiert und ein Soundfont installiert -> bei Auswahl eines Presets ist der entsprechende Ton zu hören
- Eine MIDI-Instrumentenspur zugefügt und diese scharf geschaltet-> Die MIDI-Daten kommen offenbar in der App nicht an, keine Eintragung und auch nichts zu hören (wenn ich das Keyboard nicht anschließe und mit dem Virtual Kayboard in AEM arbeite, sind die Töne hörbar)

Woran kann das liegen, dass AEM die MIDI-Daten nicht erkennt? Habe ich irgendeine Einstellung vergessen? Vielleicht hat ja jemand im Forum eine Idee, ich freue mich auf eure Antworten.
Dear Bernd,

Sorry that I reply in English, my German isn't that great. :-/
Could you please enable 'Logging to file' in the Audio Evolution Mobile preferences (More -> Preferences), then exit the app and restart your tablet with the MIDI keyboard attached and start the app again. See if the MIDI icon in the 'Available devices' screen turns red or green and exit the app again. Then please send the file AELog.txt from your AudioEvolution folder to, referring to this forum post.
Dear dwrae,
I try to answer in English.
Thank you for your reply. I just tried to do how you advised and - ooh wonder - it works. The MIDI icon is green and I can hear the sound I play on the MIDI keyboard.
But the latency is unacceptable. I expected problems, but not so hard ones.
Do you want to have the AELog file nevertheless?
Another question:Do you have proposals to minimize the latency? I already used the latency test. Results:
Standard audio latency 18 ms (833 frames), jitter 8 ms (383 frames)
Open SLES (2048f) audio latency 562 ms (24825 frames), jitter 78 ms (3457 frames)
Dear Bernd,

There are different types of latency. The latency that is mentioned in the 'Latency correction dialog' is a track-to-track latency for synchronizing tracks. For optimizing latency for real-time playback of instruments, you need to select 'Set low latency mode' from the More menu, but on Android 4.4 this is likely not going to help much. The only way to get latency down pre-Android 5 is to use a USB audio interface with our driver, but I'm unsure if your tablet would support it: USB audio uses a different USB data transfer mode which is not always implemented. If it is, you would need a USB audio interface, a (powered) USB hub and do the USB audio in-app purchase (4.99 euro) which is quite a bit more involved.
Note that just running Android 5 does not automatically solve latency issues though: the hardware manufacturer of the device must have optimized it for their device.
I tried to use Audio Evolution mobile on an Android 5 device (Blackview Breeze), but the latency is also unacceptable. For now I give up. When buying my next Android tablet I will take care of the requirements of Audio Evolution mobile. Thanks for your assistance.
It's best to combine it with a USB audio interface (and powered USB hub probably) with our driver, since that can deliver lower latency than using Android audio. There are only a handful of devices (even running Android 5/6) that can deliver low enough latency with standard Android audio, namely the Nexus devices.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)