Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Volume Settings Help
I'm sorry, again, it does not work like that. One of the things is that querying the volume setting on start-up of the app does not work reliably. But there is a lot more to it that I don't want to go into.
(06-23-2016, 11:51 AM)dwrae Wrote: It just cannot work like that unfortunately: the volume rocker button only functions when Android audio is playing.

(06-24-2016, 10:37 AM)dwrae Wrote: I'm sorry, again, it does not work like that. One of the things is that querying the volume setting on start-up of the app does not work reliably. But there is a lot more to it that I don't want to go into.

Then what should I do? I could try to write some volume handler, but without any API or interface i cannot. Without proper volume control the app, even with its jawdropping sound, is just useless.
It may be useless for you, but on many devices it works fine or people live with it by turning on their device and controlling volume then. It's the drawback of bypassing Android audio. There are some lines of code deep down in Android that check if Android audio is playing, otherwise the volume buttons do not work. What the 'Use volume buttons' option does in the app is try to play a silent audio stream through Android when that option is enabled, but that is not always working.
(06-25-2016, 11:41 AM)dwrae Wrote: It may be useless for you, but on many devices it works fine or people live with it by turning on their device and controlling volume then. It's the drawback of bypassing Android audio. There are some lines of code deep down in Android that check if Android audio is playing, otherwise the volume buttons do not work. What the 'Use volume buttons' option does in the app is try to play a silent audio stream through Android when that option is enabled, but that is not always working.

Don't get offended - it's just extremely annoying (and dangerous) to have to manipulate with the device while driving just to adjust volume. For that reason I have modified bluetooth keyboard acting as a hands-on-wheel media control. Maybe an option to adjust UAPP volume with custom hardware keys? Locked device isn't much of a problem (I can always force staying unlocked) - the real problem is when other app (navigation) is in focus and UAPP plays in background - a lot of finger clicks to adjust volume with eyes on device screen and off the road. If UAPP had some kind of interface to change it's volume from outside, I could gladly write my own service to implement volume control that suits my needs.
The sound is so incredible from this app, I'd gladly keep on paying for add-ons like this. There has to be a way for Tasker to sense UAPP is running and pass separate commands to UAPP via API, no? Tasker, or Xposed?, has to be able to sense the volume keys being pushed and to enable a parallel signal directly to UAPP. This thinking says UAPP and Android don't always like each other and I'm not going to try to fight it. Just a layperson's thoughts.
Please try this version:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_down...2.7.2d.apk
It works! Great, great thanks! Volume control with rocker keys even thru locked screen :).
However, I've observed a few minor issues. Since UAPP volume slider works as before, I'll focus on Android media volume slider behaviour. When UAPP volume steps is set to 40 or 50, setting media volume to "mute" position doesn't mute the sound. For 20 volume steps it does. Changes on Android media volume slider are reflected in UAPP, but not the other way around, for example: set Android media volume to 100%, go to UAPP main screen, change volume (with UAPP slider) to 50%, back to home screen - Android media volume is still 100%, but UAPP plays sound with 50% loudness (VolumeUp key increases the loudness with Android media volume slider at 100%).
Thanks again!
That's right, they have no relation to eachother. Unfortunately, the events that we receive when the app is in focus that can block display of the Android volume control are not received when the app is not in focus. Otherwise we could have blocked it from being displayed.
OK, I can live with that, especially that actual loudness is controlled perfectly fine. The most important thing is there - and that is UAPP volume control from other apps and/or with screen locked. Thanks again!