Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alphabetization is weird in the newest version
Hi, I love the app.

In the newest version, I noticed that the lists are treating uppercase & lowercase letters as if they're different letters...  This makes alphabetical sorting unpredictable, since lowercase letters are being sorted separately from uppercase ones...

[Image: Screenshot_2016-08-22-23-42-42.png]

My phone is Huawei Honor X5 running Android 6.0.1

Thanks!
 - Ken
The sorting is correct as you can see that it is case insensitive. Finding duplicates in the database however does not seem case insensitive, we'll look into this, thanks.
Sorry, my screenshot was a poor choice....  there IS a sorting (ordering) issue too, but I didn't properly show it.  When I view by "album", I see this:

[Image: Screenshot_2016-08-23-08-52-24.png]

So in this view, the lowercase a's are appearing after the uppercase Z's.

Thanks,
 - Ken
At least in the latest version, it's still happening in the "Artists" view:

[Image: Screenshot_20160921-114740.png]
.. picture updated..
But that's how it should be. It's case insensitive.
(09-27-2016, 11:17 AM)dwrae Wrote: But that's how it should be. It's case insensitive.

Sorry I've made this confusing..!  Yes, the ordering is case-insensitive, that is good.  But there is still another issue mentioned earlier in this topic - you said:

"Finding duplicates in the database however does not seem case insensitive, we'll look into this, thanks. "

That's the issue I'm still seeing in the "Artists" view.  I'm running UAPP 3.1.7 and have cleared & rescanned the DB.

Thanks,
 - Ken
Aha! Yes, that's still on our plate, sorry.
Cool, thanks!
Should be fixed in next version.