Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist Albums list incorrectly shows 1st alpha artist for album with duplicate Title
Information 
Hi folks,

In my case I navigate to "David Gray" the artist, and I get shown a list of Albums with tracks by David Gray on them.

In this list should be David Gray's "Greatest Hits" album.

However the album shown is not in fact David Gray's "Greatest Hits" but Al Green's "Greatest Hits" - as this is the first "Greatest Hits" album in alpha order in my collection.

The subquery used in the iteration over Album Titles to retrieve details needs to include the artist name as a parameter to retrieve the correct Album when there is a duplicate Album Title in the collection.

Please see the attached screen shot for clarification.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, I've seen this too.

In Artists view. 
I select an artist "High Rise", who has an album named "II". 
I see "II" in the list - but the artist name & graphic are for a different artist's album (also named "II").
When I click the album "II" it opens a list containing ALL songs (from ALL artists) from ALL my albums named "II", such as:

High Rise - II
The Atomic Bitchwax - "II"
Overhang Party - "II"

But obviously that is wrong...  I selected High Rise - "II".  I should only see songs from High Rise - "II".
I was going to post a bug for this exact issue.

I have around 5 artists all with albums named "Greatest Hits". When looking at one of these albums for one artist, all Greatest Hits albums for all the other 4 artists are listed under the one album.
Please try out this version:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_down...albums.apk

Albums with the same name, but originating from different folders are now seen as separate albums. Please verify if this fixes your problem and if it doesn't have any side effects.

Note: installing apk's from outside the Play Store requires you to disable the option to install from 'Unknown sources' in Android's Security settings. After installing the apk, we advise you to turn this setting back on.
(11-20-2016, 03:07 PM)dwrae Wrote: Please try out this version:

Albums with the same name, but originating from different folders are now seen as separate albums. Please verify if this fixes your problem and if it doesn't have any side effects.

Note: installing apk's from outside the Play Store requires you to disable the option to install from 'Unknown sources' in Android's Security settings. After installing the apk, we advise you to turn this setting back on.

Confirmed - this version corrects the same album issue.

Thank you
Thanks for testing!

I'm having the same problem with 'Greatest Hits' albums. Strange thing is, some albums are separated out just fine. Since I do all my ripping with dbPoweramp, the metadata is consistent. Any ideas? 

I didn't do the above because I figured it was incorporated into later updates.

Thanks,
(06-21-2019, 01:19 PM)Floorhor Wrote:

I'm having the same problem with 'Greatest Hits' albums. Strange thing is, some albums are separated out just fine. Since I do all my ripping with dbPoweramp, the metadata is consistent. Any ideas? 

I didn't do the above because I figured it was incorporated into later updates.

Thanks,

Can you describe what the problem is exactly in your case?