Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions regarding TIDAL integration (and Google Play Music)
Hello there,

I'm a new user, having received a Dragonfly Red over the holidays to use with my S7 Edge.  A few questions:
  • I just subscribed to TIDAL (since I can't seem to find any way to integrate with Google Play Music, my current provider, is there a way???).
  • It seems that TIDAL defaults to 320 for streaming, is there a way to do the HiFi FLAC streaming?  And if not, then I suppose there's a limited value in having a HiFi subscription?

Ideally I'd be looking for Google Play Music integration, since it integrates perfectly with voice command in my car and I've been a user for a long while.  But if I have to go TIDAL, then at least I want to stream HiFi.  So, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ian
Please go to the Tidal section in UAPP and press the settings icon at the top right. Then choose Lossless and make sure to reselect your music.
We plan to support Google Music, but since you will be inside UAPP, voice commands will probably not work.
(12-28-2016, 06:19 PM)dwrae Wrote: Please go to the Tidal section in UAPP and press the settings icon at the top right. Then choose Lossless and make sure to reselect your music.
We plan to support Google Music, but since you will be inside UAPP, voice commands will probably not work.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Since in my car I'd just use the Google Play app, voice commands would work, I think.

My question now is whether to go through the trouble of switching.  Is Google Play Music on the near term roadmap?  If so, then I can wait rather than recreating playlists, cancelling service, etc...

Much appreciated!  Ian
If we will implement playing from Google Music, you need to be inside UAPP and select songs inside UAPP to play music from Google Music through our driver. Using the Google Play music app, won't help, so voice commands will probably not work.
(12-30-2016, 01:54 PM)dwrae Wrote: If we will implement playing from Google Music, you need to be inside UAPP and select songs inside UAPP to play music from Google Music through our driver. Using the Google Play music app, won't help, so voice commands will probably not work.

Thanks.  I'm less concerned with that than the timeline. Is this on the short term roadmap? When might this be implemented?
(12-30-2016, 01:59 PM)dashto Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 01:54 PM)dwrae Wrote: If we will implement playing from Google Music, you need to be inside UAPP and select songs inside UAPP to play music from Google Music through our driver. Using the Google Play music app, won't help, so voice commands will probably not work.

Thanks.  I'm less concerned with that than the timeline. Is this on the short term roadmap? When might this be implemented?

I'm afraid that is competition-sensitive information that we cannot share.