Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it work with the juno ds daw?
I just purchased a roland juno ds 88 music keyboard which has a built-in USB daw audio interface (midi+audio) for pc use. It interfaces with the most common daw pc software.

I was wondering if audio evolution mobile might work with it, assuming this configuration:
junods88
-usb a to b cable
-usb b to mini cable
-android phone with Audio Evolution Mobile

Please let me know, many thanks! :-)
Luca
Most Roland devices are not USB audio class compliant. Looking at the DS88 website, I see it requires drivers for OSX, which is usually a sign that it isn't indeed. You can of course try, but you'll need a USB OTG cable if your Android device has a micro-USB port.
(07-10-2018, 04:16 PM)dwrae Wrote: Most Roland devices are not USB audio class compliant. Looking at the DS88 website, I see it requires drivers for OSX, which is usually a sign that it isn't indeed. You can of course try, but you'll need a USB OTG cable if your Android device has a micro-USB port.

many thanks. 

This is really important:
Would you kindly point me to some models of audio interfaces I can buy specifically to use with audio evolution which are known to work via usb and which allow simultaneous recording of audio and midi notes on my smartphone?

many thanks and happy weekend
Here is our compatibility list:
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/tech...dio-driver
(07-17-2018, 10:45 AM)dwrae Wrote: Here is our compatibility list:
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/tech...dio-driver

perfect thank you, I'll test the juno tonight.

one more question, I'm in the process of getting a new mobile the huawei p20 pro.
in the compatibility list it says:
P20 PRO Requires additional power
what does it mean? 
Please stay away from anything Huawei or Honor if you can. They have a lot of problems with USB audio. Not always and not in all combinations, but if you want to stay safe, I'd advise against it.
The additional power is probably not true for every USB audio interface, but I think there was one customers who used a USB DAC that required a powered USB hub in between, whereas this wasn't necessary with other phones.
(07-19-2018, 01:31 PM)dwrae Wrote: Please stay away from anything Huawei or Honor if you can. They have a lot of problems with USB audio. Not always and not in all combinations, but if you want to stay safe, I'd advise against it.
The additional power is probably not true for every USB audio interface, but I think there was one customers who used a USB DAC that required a powered USB hub in between, whereas this wasn't necessary with other phones.

thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid it then. Have you heard anything bad abot xiaomi? especially their latest mi mix 2s?
I need to replace my aging motox and as you can guess I'm not a big a fan of samsung / apple.

Will test the juno's audio interface with audio evolution tonight and report back.
Well, I had one for testing here and I could not entirely get rid of the CHinese interface of the Xiaomi. There are plenty of devices out there though like Sony and LG.
(07-20-2018, 10:12 AM)dwrae Wrote: Well, I had one for testing here and I could not entirely get rid of the CHinese interface of the Xiaomi. There are plenty of devices out there though like Sony and LG.

Tested the junods88 audio interface.
when setting the keyboard usb interface to vendor ( audio + midi ) ae detects both midi and audio but soon after the keyboard locks up.

when setting the keyboard as generic, ae detects midi, which works well, except a second keyboard plugged to the juno via midi doesn't come through to ae.

I'll get a proper dedicated audio interface soon, which leads to a question: with a dedicated audio interface, does ae support recording midi and audio simultaneously?

out of curiosity with the xiaomi mi mix2s, can you remember if you had particular issues in ae?
and regarding the huawei p20pro, did you encounter specific issues? reason is I'm going to need a mobile with large battery and very good camera and the p20pro fit the bill

cheers, happy Saturday
my wife got a Huawei p20 pro which I was going to test with ae tonight, any pointers as to what I might need to test for audio issues? thx
also just let me know if you wanted me to test something specific, midi wise