Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixelbook stopped playing audio
One week it was working just fine, the next, I can't hear any audio from the internal speakers or headphone jack.  The only difference, the Pixelbook was updated to ChromeOS 69.  Have you heard of anything breaking the audio in ChromeOS, or did an AE update do it?

TJH
Yes, heard it from someone else too.
(09-22-2018, 04:37 PM)TJH132 Wrote: One week it was working just fine, the next, I can't hear any audio from the internal speakers or headphone jack.  The only difference, the Pixelbook was updated to ChromeOS 69.  Have you heard of anything breaking the audio in ChromeOS, or did an AE update do it?

TJH

I've had the same issue for at least a month, probably closer to two. I reported it through Facebook 3 weeks ago and never got a response.

I can even export a track and play it outside of Audio Evolution. The issue is specific to playback within the app.

I'm running ChromeOS 70.0.3538.22 and the latest version of AE (just uninstalled and re-installed today).
Do you think a workaround is in order, or play the waiting game with Google and ChromeOS updates.
I think it's best to contact Google since the fault is clearly in the update. The app works on thousands of Android devices and just uses the standard Android audio API's.
New AE update fixes the issue of no audio playing on ChromeOS 69.  Thanks for the fast update!

Travis