Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming on LAN
Hi. I'm trying to stream from a Windows 7 PC with an external USB hard drive to my LG V30 over the wireless LAN. I
have a few thousand albums on the hard drive and I prefer to hear tracks at random. It would probably speed things up if the file names were stored in UAPP. What's the best way to do this?
I think the only way would be to connect using the Network option and make playlists.
I'll give it another try. Thanks.
OK, I tried this morning. It got to the adding songs part. 3% in, I made the mistake of touching the phone and it stopped. Is there a way of getting it to continue in the background, as it takes a while to add over 100000 songs!?
I gave it another go and the process completed. I added my music folder to a new playlist and left it running for a few hours. When I selected Playlists from the menu, the playlist was there, but only a small sample of tracks were in it. Is there a limit on the number of tracks in a playlist?
Only the first 1000 items are read indeed. Next version won't have this limit. You don't have to rebuild the playlist since the problem is at reading not writing.
(11-10-2018, 12:17 PM)dwrae Wrote: Only the first 1000 items are read indeed. Next version won't have this limit. You don't have to rebuild the playlist since the problem is at reading not writing.

Excellent news. Thanks Davy. I look forward to the new version.
Sadly, I get the same result with the new update.

I select 'Network', connect to the host PC, navigate to the music drive and choose ' Add to playlist'. When it finishes, I navigate to Playlists and select the playlist just created. The only artists listed, are from 0 to ANI - no further.
Hi Davy,

I have tried with each of the new updates over the last few days. Each time, it takes a few hours adding over 100000 tracks. Each time it finishes, I select the playlist that I've added them to and it's still the same, limited number of tracks. Actually, today's update resulted in even fewer tracks than the previous one!

I tested it further by selecting one of the tracks in the playlist, tapping on the shuffle button and then the next track button. It only selects the next track from the limited number of tracks (all the artists begin with A). They play fine though.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if UAPP just can't handle so many tracks?
I solved the problem by using Neutron instead. I guess that UAPP isn't best suited to this particular use case. A shame. I'll still use UAPP for locally-stored music and streaming radio though.