Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with playback
Recently (in the last month or so), my recording setup has started producing unusable recordings Angry .  I've attached a sample of one track here.

The setup is a Behringer XR18 into a Samsung S9, using the USB and a OTG connector.  This setup, and exact phone has worked well for a long time, and this is really frustrating.  I use this to record the live gigs of my band, for later mixdown, so they tend to be one long continuous track (45mins +) which I then mix down in Reaper.

I need 2 answers from you good people 1) How can I get the recordings to behave again; and 2) can I rescue the audio I already have and make it usable again?

As mentioned earlier I have attached a sample audio track of one of our guitarists.
I'm afraid nothing got attached, I assume it is way too big if it's a 45 min. wav file. Does the file contain gaps or how does it sound like?
(12-31-2018, 02:49 PM)dwrae Wrote: I'm afraid nothing got attached, I assume it is way too big if it's a 45 min. wav file. Does the file contain gaps or how does it sound like?

I had chopped it down to a single song, single track, and thought I had checked it had uploaded ok..  I'll try and get another up.  No gaps, just sounds like the wrong bit rate on playback, but I can't seem to get any DAW/Sound app to play it back correctly, or to resample it to a usable rate.

I'll have to re upload when I get home later.
Dammit, an audio support forum doesn't allow the upload of audio format files!! That's why the file didn't, attached. I tried zipping it and the max file size foe a zip is 1MB!

So I've stuck it in dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9undfejrtanc...JJFDa?dl=0
What should we be hearing?  The zip you uploaded to Dropbox contains four tracks; three of them sound like a reasonable raw electric guitar at 44100.  The fourth sounds like a reasonable processed fuzzed guitar - if played at 176400; the waveform of the latter looks pretty strange, but FX processing can do that.  Still, I'd be suspicious of your interface.
Tom
Cape Coral