Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal playlist selection
USB Audio Player Pro version 5.06 (with MQA addition)

Not really a bug, rather a design choice ...

When selecting the Tidal playlist in USB Audio Player Pro, counter-intuitively, one must also manually add that playlist to the player's queue.  I think this should be automatic (like it is with the Tidal app).

Similarly, when selecting albums from Tidal, you may consider changing USB Audio Player Pro to load the tracks automatically in to the player's queue (again, it's this way with the Tidal app).

Best regards!
It's a design decision, we won't do this. At that moment you are browsing, not selecting music. If the album was added immediately, it would interrupts current playback.
(01-17-2019, 09:32 AM)dwrae Wrote: It's a design decision, we won't do this. At that moment you are browsing, not selecting music. If the album was added immediately, it would interrupts current playback.

Thanks for the reply.

I get what you are saying and the 'just browsing' makes some sense when selecting an album. But not so much when selecting a playlist -- in my mind, the tracks were already browsed and assembled into the playlist; I just want it to play.
You would first want to see what's in the playlist before adding it. It's like that in every 'track-holding' view whether it is albums or playlists. Otherwise it would also not be possible to remove items from a playlist or select individual tracks.
I note that when a track is selected from an album or playlist, the remainder of the tracks below it are also added to the queue. Why?
That's standard behavior in UAPP, not only for Tidal. In the future we will add a setting whether you want to play one track or queue everything.
(04-13-2019, 09:54 PM)dwrae Wrote: That's standard behavior in UAPP, not only for Tidal. In the future we will add a setting whether you want to play one track or queue everything.

Thank you.