Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to Turn Off MQA Decoding
I have USB Audio Player PRO version 5.0.7 with the MQA Playback option and use the app on a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. I would like the option to turn off the MQA Decoding in the app for those times when I connect to a DAC that is an MQA decoder (e.g. Mytek Brooklyn DAC+).  Thank you!
When a MQA decoder is detected, UAPP's own MQA decoder is not used. We are not allowed to add an option to turn off MQA decoding by the way.
(02-02-2019, 08:24 PM)dwrae Wrote: When a MQA decoder is detected, UAPP's own MQA decoder is not used. We are not allowed to add an option to turn off MQA decoding by the way.

Apparently, UAPP is not detecting my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+. The DAC displays a magenta dot indicating that MQA decoding is taking place elsewhere (i.e. by UAPP). I confirmed this with Mytek support.

Also, I am surprised that you are not allowed to add an option to turn off MQA decoding. Is this something unique to the Android OS?  I have various pieces of software for Windows (Roon, Audirvana Plus for Windows, and Tidal) that allow the user to manually turn off or turn on the software's MQA decoder.
Is there no solution for UAPP not detecting the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ (or recognizing it as an MQA decoder and renderer)?
Please contact support at info@extreamsd.com