Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlists Problem
Hello, I just started using UAPP and all is good apart from a problem getting playlists to work. The titles of the playlists show up fine, but when I select one I receive a message asking if I want to convert to a UAPP playlist for faster access access. Whatever option I choose I end up with a blank screen and no content to the playlist. The playlists were originally within a Playlists folder within my music folder. As I say, the titles of the playlists showed up fine. I have tried copying the playlists to the UAPP Playlist folder with exactly the same results. My playlists were imported from JRiver in m3u8 format and work fine with Poweramp. Has anyone any idea what could be wrong?
That would basically mean that the files that the playlist is pointing to are not there. Perhaps PowerAMP goes searching for the location where they really are, but the root cause would be that the paths are wrong.
(05-22-2019, 02:32 PM)John905 Wrote: Hello, I just started using UAPP and all is good apart from a problem getting playlists to work. The titles of the playlists show up fine, but when I select one I receive a message asking if I want to convert to a UAPP playlist for faster access access. Whatever option I choose I end up with a blank screen and no content to the playlist. The playlists were originally within a Playlists folder within my music folder. As I say, the titles of the playlists showed up fine. I have tried copying the playlists to the UAPP Playlist folder with exactly the same results. My playlists were imported from JRiver in m3u8 format and work fine with Poweramp. Has anyone any idea what could be wrong?
 Hi John/Admins, 
I have exactly the same situation. I also newbie with UAPP and just bought it to check if it better than PowerAmp. Just trying to make sure I squeeze the maximum from my LG V30+ ;)
Previously, I also using PowerAmp and m3u8 playlists (with 8 b/c it can recognize the Korean language) which I was uploaded with MusicBee sync to Android.

With sound quality, I'm fine for now on UAPP but I want to organize my music library too.
Could you please help me if you figure out already or administrators here with this:
1. How import playlist from PC so it can be recognizable?
    How UAPP work with them and which extension would be better?
    Probably advice where they needed to be because every other player works with them as it is.
2. Does UAPP support tags? In what I'm interested in..
    2.1 Where I can find lyrics?
    2.2 Where I can find ratings?

I luv to hear quality sound but also I want to not have a headache in order to find that melody ;-)

Thank you!
That's a difficult question. Basically, playlists are not meant to be moved to another computer.
Let's say on Windows, your playlist is in C:/Users/username/Music/MyPlaylist.m3u and points to tracks in folders like
C:/Users/username/Music/Album1/Track1 and
F:/MyCollection/AlbumBla/TrackBla
etc.
Now you copy that playlist to a Linux system which has a totally different file system. Let's say you put it in the Music folder. The Music folder name on Linux is something like:
/storage/emulated/0/Music
and let's say you put the tracks from the original C and F harddisks into the Music folder or another folder. Perhaps you can start to see why there is an end to what apps can do to use playlists from other systems.

That being said, the app of course does its 'best' to search for the tracks in the playlists. The biggest chance is that you keep the tracks and playlists in a relative position to each other like they were on your PC. Of course, in the above example, the F: drive tracks would fail.
But if your original tracks and playlists were in the same folder structure on your PC and you keep this folder structure when copying to your Android device, UAPP will have more chance in finding the tracks.

UAPP supports both m3u and m3u8.

UAPP supports most meta data tags. Otherwise, it wouldn't be able to populate the Library with albums, artists, etc.

Lyrics and ratings are not supported.
Hi dwrae,

Thank you for the response!

Not sure if I fully understand the idea of playlist paths and definitely don't have a guess what 'magic' is going on when you sync your music library and it works on a phone because in every case the path's will change (at least a root folder) but music folder structure doesn't (if you are not doing it manually).

Don't know how to fix it so tell in more details my case, and hope maybe you will have a bit of advice)))

So I have a MusicBee music library on PC.
E:\Music\Music\   (and  E:\Music\Audiobooks\   or  E:\Music\Video\ )
with folder structure like <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> <Title>
Playlist is in e:\Music\Playlists\

I sync my music (selected genre, artists, playlist etc) via MusicBee on my phone in Internal Storage\Music\ and Internal Storage\Playlists with the same folder structure.

My playlist works only with PowerAmp and cannot find tracks on standard  LG's music player or UAPP.
In the case with PowerAmp I must explicitly choose M3U8 playlist so it can recognize korean tracks but still english names were in it. UAPP can't see anything except blank pls files
I tried manual scan, full scan, copied playlist in music folder, try sync with different extension but it fails every time

Will appreciate any advice! 
Love how UAPP sounds but without prepared playlists and poor navigation it hard to use it so overall loses many points.
Thank you!

P.S: are you planning to upgrade the app with lyrics/rating support and maybe UI changes?
Ok, so if the playlists are in Internal Storage\Playlists, then most apps will have no idea how to find the tracks which are in a different folder. Can you please open such a playlist (as a text file) and let me know what the first lines look like)?

I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on 'poor navigation'. Basically, the Library tabs etc. work like any other music player.

We have no plans to update the UI unless someone tells us very specifically what is wrong with it and how it could be improved. Please note that this is personal preference as we gets lots of praises for the UI as well.
Rating support will come, although I prefer to have a like/dislike button, instead of an ugly 5-star widget. Furthermore, what is the point of rating a track 1 or 2 stars out of 5 since you would probably never listen to the track if you would filter or sort on it. Same goes for 4 and 5.

We don't know where to get lyrics from or what the common format or formats are or if you want to lyrics to scroll with the song. Perhaps you can shed some light.
Hi,
The lines of the playlist look like:

\Music\박효신\Goodbye\1-1 - Goodbye.mp3
\Music\태민\WANT - The 2nd Mini Album\1 - Want.mp3
\Music\소녀시대\소원을 말해봐\1 - 소원을 말해봐 Genie.flac
[..]

Apologise about my comment on 'navigation'. I didn't think well. You have a great product and totally not deserve it, but it basically (!)why I said it, - you just too good to have such an ..outdated UI ..It's good ..it works ..everyone has more or less the same. Basically "not great, not terrible" type of situation, and I just thought you'd be much-much better with more advanced UI!!!
That's what separates MacOS from Windows and just think where would be Apple without their design and style? (..and they have a media sync!;) )
That's was my reaction and motive.
I'm not an expert in GUI but I'd like you to go in direction of gestures. In a time when all have big displays to point fingers and small word in an upper right corner when you (most of a time) walk with one hand is quite difficult. I am fond of PowerAmp v3 navigation.

You can have both - rating based on stars or likes. Create option in settings where users can choose what he prefers or disable it at all. I personally use ratings ofter because I discover artists and songs and can't remember often every song so create manual and automatic playlists based on ratings.
1 rating I mark to delete(because of the sync I cannot delete on a phone, not 2-way sync yet);
2-3- listen again;
4-great;
5-best + mark 'Love' from LastFM))
But It depends on a Artist and so on.. Not every song you can admire at first, some I must to check a couple of times to truly appreciate it. Give every time a benefit of a doubt.

Lyrics. First of all, - always and everything must be embedded in a song file! No separate lyrics and folder for lyrics! Sync or not - it depends on how you can deliver it. Sync lyrics often has timestamps, headers above and below and if you want just to check them or somehow it not picking up sync it interferes and we have not clear look. Spotify/Tidal/etc is online service so they can afford sync lyrics)

Please, advice on playlist code?
Thank you!