Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlists in Android Auto?
Hi there,

I just started using Android Auto recently and was surprised to see UAPP there, it's really nice integration with the artwork etc... the only thing which doesn't work is the playlists, which are displaying but they're all empty. This means I have to disconnect the phone, select the playlist on the phone, then reconnect to AA. Is there something I need to do with file structure? I currently have the playlists in a folder called 'Playlists' within the same folder as all my music.

Thanks for any tips. :)
I also have a "disadvantage" with AndroidAuto, when I start a trip Android Auto starts playing a track from the playlist, normally it continues with the last thing I heard, for example track 5... but if I don't have UAPP open in the cell phone, when I finish this trip, although the playback has ended on track 20, the next trip starts playing track 5 again, instead of continuing with track 20...
(09-10-2023, 11:55 AM)jcgechevarria Wrote: I also have a "disadvantage" with AndroidAuto, when I start a trip Android Auto starts playing a track from the playlist, normally it continues with the last thing I heard, for example track 5... but if I don't have UAPP open in the cell phone, when I finish this trip, although the playback has ended on track 20, the next trip starts playing track 5 again, instead of continuing with track 20...

Can you browse playlists from UAPP in Android Auto?

I can see the playlists but there is no content... if you can see content could you let me know how you create your playlists please?

Many thanks
Ok I found the fix - enable 'Ask to convert to UAPP playist' in the 'User Interface' settings and then the playlists show in Android Auto.

I only now wonder when I update a playlist, if the update will carry over to the UAPP playlist...